Every year the City of Pittsburgh issues a press release with information on Trick or Treating date and times. This year’s release includes guidelines for the COVID pandemic.
See the press release here. It is also quoted below:
PITTSBURGH, PA (October 5, 2020) The City of Pittsburgh welcomes upcoming trick-or-treating this Halloween but urges residents to follow safety protocols during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The official trick-or-treating hours will be 5-7 p.m. on Saturday, October 31, but following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention many behaviors will have to change this year.
Residents are urged to:
- Trick-or-treat only with family members
- Wear cloth facemasks as well as Halloween masks
- Carry hand sanitizer
- Distribute candy by leaving it outside, and not have in-person and face-to-face interactions at the door
- Follow social distancing on sidewalks, and when approaching homes where others are getting candy
- Not attend indoor costume parties
Like any other year, motorists are asked to be especially vigilant on Halloween night, decrease speeds and increase awareness of trick-or-treating children and families.